Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Disneyland Trip Report: March 29th

By Zach Cooper
On Saturday, March 29th, I was able to visit the Disneyland Resort for one day of fun at both parks. My main reason was to see author Ridley Pearson, as he was on his Kingdom Keepers tour. This was the 1st time in 2 years visiting the park. I used to go all the time, but prices have raised so high, we cancelled our passes.



I arrived at Disneyland Park at 9am, and headed in line for the Ridley Pearson book signing at Disneyana on Main Street.
 
 
Incase you don't know, Ridley Pearson's Kingdom Keepers is a series about 5 teens who battle Disney Villains when the Disney Parks close. There are 7 books to the series (the 7th came out April 1st), and the final one takes place at the Disneyland Resort. It is called THE INSIDER. I have had the privilege to meet Ridley many times and have even had him on our podcast.
 
 
After getting our voucher at 9am, we got an hour to walk around, before we had to come back in line to see Ridley. It was time to have fun exploring Main Street.
 





Goofy Meet and Greet.
 
 
 
 

 

 
 

 

 



KINGDOM KEEPERS SIGNING: At about 9:30, we returned to Disneyana to find Ridley Pearson already out with excited guests.
 
 


 

 
Ridley Pearson was able to tour these lucky individuals around Disneyland.  
 


"ZACH AND THE BLOG!!!"-Ridley Pearson
 

 
 
 
 
FANTASY FAIRE: After the signing, I headed over to check out the year-old Fantasy Faire, an offshoot of Fantasyland.
 

 
 

 

Fantasy Faire is very small, but very well done.
 


It's amazing how close this offshoot is to Sleep Beauty Castle.
 


Tangled tower.


Royal Theatre hosts small shows very often during the day.
 


Figaro and the cat animatronic.
 
 
PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN: After Fantasy Faire,  headed over to one of my favorite attraction's. The line was super long, as it was wrapped longer than the actual designated queue. It was amazing how fast the line went. We were on the boat in less than 15 minutes.
 



I love the atmosphere inside. So fun. Makes me feel like I am stepping back into the 16th century.



Here is a full multi-cam video of the attraction.


MICKEY AND THE MAGICAL MAP: I then headed over to the Fantasyland Theatre to catch the 12pm showing of Mickey and the Magical Map, a year old show that is very popular.
 

 
Full video I shot of the show. I used 3 cameras to film it, allowing awesome wide and close up shots.
 

 
The Fantasyland Theatre is located to the left of the Mickey's Toontown entrance. It is also relatively close to It's a Small World.
 

 
For this show, I recommend sitting towards the back of the arena. You can see the screens and characters as a whole much better.
 
 
HAUNTED MANSION: After the fun 22 minute show, I headed back to New Orleans Square to take a ride on the Haunted Mansion. This line was only about 15 minutes.
 

 
 

 
I used 2 cameras to capture this attraction. Enjoy the video POV.
 
TOMORROWLAND: After a run ride of ghosts, I headed over to Tomorrowland to ride Space Mountain.

IT WAS AWESOME.

Hear more about our Disneyland Resort trip in this weeks podcast: www.youtube.com/geekcentralblogpodcast96

No comments:

Post a Comment