Monday, April 14, 2014

San Francisco - Trip Review


 

By Beemerboyz803
From last Thursday to early Sunday, I went on a trip to San Francisco. Overall, the trip was amazing and a huge amount of fun. I did so much and I had a blast. Here is a recap of each day of the trip.


 THURSDAY, APRIL 10
My day started at 6AM with a long, groaning 10-hour drive to San Francisco. After ten hours, I arrived at the Golden Gate Bridge and walked across it. It took about 45 minutes because it was so cold. Secondly, we drove to Pier 39 and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe, which was good. Afterwards, we checked into our hotel, which was about 5 minutes from California's Great America. Then, at 10PM, I went to bed. 

FRIDAY, APRIL 11
My day, much like Thursday, started at 6AM. I ate breakfast, and headed to San Jose's free Tech Museum of Innovation. The Tech Museum was amazing. There was a deejay booth, a computer that was activated by pricking strings, a giant wishing well that spoke magically, a jet pack simulator, rock samples from Mars, a scale displaying weight on Mars/the Moon, a tsunami escape pod, etc. Overall, I had a fun time and ended up leaving with a crushed penny and a magnetic Albert Einstein. At 6PM, we drove for one hour to San Francisco and had dinner at Buca di Beppo. At 8:30PM, we headed to the Davies Symphony Hall, and saw the San Francisco Symphony. The Symphony performed a long, peaceful symphony that took one hour to perform. Of course, it was classical music so I fell asleep 15 minutes in and woke up about 45 min into the concert. Overall, the half hour I did see was performed beautifully. It took two hours to get back to the hotel, but we got back and fell asleep at 11:30PM.

SATURDAY, APRIL 12
Saturday was by far the best day of the trip. We ate breakfast at 8AM, and then, at 9:45AM, drove to California's Great America. I had been wanting to go since last summer when I visited the area. Read the trip review on the blog.


SUNDAY, APRIL 13
Headed home!



No comments:

Post a Comment