Thursday, January 16, 2014

Disney Park Prices Too High?

By Zach Cooper
Disneyland and Walt Disney World usually raise their prices once or twice a year. They always back it up with some new land or new attraction. For Disneyland, a 1 day park ticket is already between the $85-95 range. SO WHEN DOES THIS STOP? I did some research and saw the gross of how fast the prices are going up.

Disneyland Park's Admission Price (Over the Years)
*The dollars are rounded and in between both kids and adult tickets.

2013: $90
2010: $75
2008: $69
2005: $55
2001: $40

When I see prices go up over the last 12 years like this, it scares me a little. In just a few years, families won't be able to afford the expensive prices, even if there is something new added to the park. Who say's some can even afford it now?
 
 
www.cockeyed.com said if these prices keep rising like they have, by 2025, we could be paying $146. Just for one day.
 
Our economy is hard enough. The more Disneyland and Walt Disney World raise their prices, the less families will be able to visit. Also think about those big families with 5-6 people. How can they afford 1 day at the 'Happiest Place on Earth'?
 
I love the Disney Parks. It just really saddens me seeing this. I hope soon they will realize that if they want to aim for every family, the prices need to drop down.

WHAT DO YOU THINK ABOUT THE PRICES? Let us know by commenting below.
 

1 comment:

  1. I agree. It's getting out of hand. It scares me too, many people can not afford it now, and I feel bad. I love Disney, but they're extremely money greedy. I'd hate to see the prices go up and up.

    Also, you forgot to mention the $14 parking cost per each day. A one day pass can cost over $100.

    ReplyDelete