Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Original Club 33 at Disneyland Park

By Zach Cooper
You may already know that to start off the new year, Disneyland's private Club 33 restaurant will be closing to underdo a major renovation, later opening back in July. The renovation will be making major changes to the Club, so I decided to tribute the original Club.
For almost 50 years, Club 33 has welcomed many well known guests. The membership fee for Club 33 is very high and has a long waiting list. (people have been waiting 15+ years to get in)
I was lucky enough to know a friend who had a membership, so on October 18, 2011, I was able to have lunch at Club 33.



Club 33 is located in Disneyland Park's New Orleans Square. The entrance is a little door with '33' marked on it.


Walking inside, I was greeted by a cast member who welcomed me aboard a small elevator. One day, Walt was in Paris and saw a small nice elevator. He loved it so much, he had his team duplicate it and put it inside Club 33. Before I go on, I should mention Walt never saw the completion of Club 33, though he saw part of the building of it.


Throughout the Club, you can find many photos of Walt Disney himself.




After going up the elevator, the first room you see is the Trophy Room. One thing about Club 33 is Walt Disney really wanted to interact with the dining parties. Inside the room are hidden microphones, that would allow Walt to listen in on conversations. Then he would reply and his voice would come out though other speakers.





Club 33 has a very massive hallway. The hallway features many well-known things.


The hallway is a showcase to many artist renderings. A few of them are from the film 'Marry Poppins'.

They even have a few renderings for the original Pirates of the Caribbean attraction:




Speaking of Marry Poppins, Club 33 also has one of the tables that was in the Marry Poppins film. The frame above it is old Disneyland Park concept art.

And if you have some spare change, be sure to pick out a small ring, t-shirt or ring as a memento for this special occasion. (look at the price tag first.)


And that's the long and impressive hallway!

The main dining room is really nice and fancy. I love it.





I forgot to take a picture before I ate my food, but can tell you it was delicious. Best food I have ever had.


Because it happened to be my birthday, I was treated with a small Mickey cake. Just like the food, it was yummy.

One of my favorite parts of Club 33 is the balcony. This balcony looks over New Orleans Square. For sure a great place to catch 'Fantasmic'.



And that's the stairway down....
I had an amazing time at Club 33. I will hopefully be back for the remodel, but that's not a promise. It is a once in a lifetime chance to visit, and I was so lucky to know someone with a membership.
Be sure to watch my tribute to the original Club 33:

No comments:

Post a Comment