Thursday, April 19, 2012

Dick Clark Dies!

On Wednesday morning, the TV legend Dick Clark died of a heart attack. You may know him from the radio and of course Dick Clark's Rockin Eve! That day, some of stars we know call out to him on twitter.
Ryan Seacrest: "I am deeply saddened by the loss of my dear friend Dick Clark. He has truly been one of the greatest influences in my life. I idolized him from the start, and I was graced early on in my career with his generous advice and counsel. When I joined his show in 2006 , it was a dream come true to work with him every New Year's Eve for the last 6 years. He was smart, charming, funny and always a true gentleman. I learned a great deal from him, and I'll always be indebted to him for his faith and support of me. He was a remarkable host and businessman and left a rich legacy to television audiences around the world. We will all miss him.”

Mayor Bloomberg: “Times Square is considered the crossroads of the world in no small part because Dick Clark’s New Years Eve celebrations there were beamed across the globe. I remember one New Years Eve, he and I stood in Times Square marveling about how much the area – and the City – had improved over the years. But Dick Clark never had to change – he was a great entertainer who stood the test of time. Generations of Americans grew up with Dick, and yet he seemed forever young. His spirit will always live on in Times Square, and in hearts of millions of New Yorkers.”

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/television/dick-clark-dead-82-heart-attack-fans-celebrities-mourn-lost-tv-icon-twitter-article-1.1063782#ixzz1sUVtMnMr

No comments:

Post a Comment